The Old City Hall
The ground floor was originally a fruit market and court house. The outer staircase on the right, which is decorated with late Gothic tracery railings, was probably added later.
The building later served as Lahr's city hall until 1933. The Council Hall on the first floor, with historical features dating back to the late 19th century, is decorated with stained glass windows that depict the history of the town. Beneath the gable, with its cambered volutes, there is a sundial with the signs of the zodiac made by the famous post-war urban planner, Otto Heinrich Strohmeyer.
Today, the Old City Hall houses the Lahr Office of Culture as well as the municipal gallery.