Ortenau Klinikum Lahr-Ettenheim Hospital
The Ortenau Klinikum Lahr-Ettenheim is an academic teaching hospital of the University of Freiburg, and part of the Ortenau Klinikum clinic group, which is funded and operated by the district of Ortenau. As a hospital providing centre-level care (the second-highest stage of the German medical system), it is responsible for the acute in-patient treatment of people in southern Ortenau. It has more than 486 beds at its two sites in Lahr and Ettenheim. The hospital treats over 17,000 in-patients in Lahr annually. With more than 1,100 employees at the Lahr site, Ortenau Klinikum Lahr-Ettenheim is one of Lahr's biggest employers.
The hospital has the following specialist departments:
- Clinic for visceral, vascular and thoracic surgery and urology
- Clinic for trauma, orthopaedic and spinal surgery
- Medical clinic specialising in gastroenterology, hepatology, oncology, endocrinology and diabetes
- Medical clinic specialising in cardiology, pneumonology, angiology and intensive care, and with a left-heart catheter laboratory for coronary angiographs, balloon dilatations and stents, with 24-hour heart catheter availability
- Gynaecology and obstetrics clinic
- Neurological clinic with regional specialisation in strokes and neurosurgery
- Ear, nose and throat clinic, clinic for head and neck surgery, and plastic surgery
- Clinic for anaesthesia and surgical intensive care
- Clinic for psychosomatic and psychotherapeutic medicine
- Institute for radiology, with computed tomography (spiral CT), DSA, gamma camera and MRI scanning
- Institute for pathology
There are additional facilities at the Lahr site, such as a central pharmacy, central laboratory, physiotherapy/out-patient rehabilitation, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
The Bildungszentrum für Pflegeberufe am Standort Lahr (Lahr Training Centre for the Care Professions), which is also part of the Ortenau Klinikum Lahr-Ettenheim, comprises a state-approved school of nursing, with 120 student places, and an institute for further training, which offers broad further professional development opportunities. There are also further training facilities specialising in operations services and anaesthetics and intensive care.
Ortenau Klinikum Lahr-Ettenheim
Tel.: +49 (0)7821 / 93-0
MediClin Herzzentrum Lahr/Baden
The heart clinic MediClin Herzzentrum Lahr/Baden is one of Germany's most modern specialist heart clinics, and has more than 20 years of expertise cardiology and heart surgery.
Work at the MediClin Herzzentrum Lahr/Baden is characterised by cross-department patient care, and intensive cooperation and the alignment of treatments within the interdisciplinary heart team.
Each year, the heart specialists perform 3,000 interventions on heart patients from Germany and elsewhere, achieving premium quality using state-of-the-art technologies. The MediClin Herzzentrum provides care to patients from all healthcare insurance companies.
The in-house quality management system at the MediClin Herzzentrum Lahr/Baden has been certified since 1999 to the quality requirements of the internationally-recognised DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 quality system.
MediClin Herzzentrum Lahr/Baden
Tel.: +49 (0)7821 / 925-0
Fax: +49 (0)7821 / 925 39 2500
Dialyse-Zentrum Lahr (Lahr dialysis centre)
Tel.: +49 (0)7821 / 9166-0
Fax: +49 (0)7821 / 9166-66