Information for refugees
In the city of Lahr, the Ortenau district administration is responsible for providing accommodation, as well as ensuring that social workers from the local office for migration provide counselling and support.
The city of Lahr has also compiled a number of useful links, downloads and smartphone apps for refugees:
- The "NeuStart" ('New Start') brochure provides lots of useful information about Lahr, to make it easier for refugees to find their way around.
- The Federal Office for Migration and Refugees provides 'Initial Orientation for Refugees' in several languages, which you can find at:
www.bamf.de/Infoblatt Erstorientierung für Asylsuchende
- An 'Orientation Guide to Life in Germany' is available in several languages at
- The television station ARD has compiled a 'Wegweiser für Flüchtlinge/Guide for Refugees' in English and Arabic.
- A 'Ratgeber Gesundheit für Asylsuchende/Health Guide for Asylum Seekers' can be found in several languages at: